Hey Drew here,
You’re about to read my comprehensive and uncensored Power4Home Review by an actual user and find out what I really think about John Russel’s DIY energy system.
Why am I writing this? When I was thinking about buying Power for Home just after it was released, there weren’t many proper reviews available on the internet. Most of the info was either advertisements or copies of the original Power4Home site. I’ve also read a few posts that say bad things about it that just aren’t’ true. Anyway, I thought I’d jot down a quick thought or two to help those who are in the same position I was.
Just to warn you, I’m not just going to share all the good things about Power4Home but I’m also exposing the bad so you can make an informed decision if this is really what you are looking for.
Just want to see how it stacks up to other guides? <Click Here> for Comparison
What is Power4Home?
Power4Home is a complete system of e-books and videos that teach you from start to finish, how to generate your own electricity using renewable resources. I know you might find this hard to believe just as I did when I first heard about it, but the truth is, you can harness free energy from the sun and wind for yourself just the same as the large energy companies do, (just on a smaller scale and for a lot less money). The technology does exist and millions of people are using solar and wind power to generate electricity for their homes. The question is: “Does Power4Home deliver?”
Power4Home is a product created by John Russel, a professional electrician and home energy expert. There’s a photo of him on his website that shows him standing next to an impressive array of solar panels that he created to power his own home.
You can start building your own system for as little as under $200 and begin making an impact on your power bill. By multiplying your efforts you could significantly reduce or even eliminate your power bill altogether. After watching the instructions and videos, I found that they were indeed “easy to follow” and anyone with the desire, can put their own system together in about a weekend. John does show you how to get your batteries for free or at a significant discount and also offers a parts supplier list, and IRS tax rebate forms. Because Power4Home was written and designed by an actual electrician (not just an enthusiast), You’ll learn exactly how your system should be designed, installed and maintained in the safest and most efficient way possible.
200 watt solar panel units can cost as much as $1000 to $1500, but most of that cost is in labor or assembly. If you are willing to do the labor, (usually a weekend to put a couple of solar panels or 1 wind turbine together), you reduce your cost to much less than $200 rather than thousands of dollars. The assembly can be intimidating especially when you are working with expensive materials. I didn’t want to break anything during my assembly or hook it up the wrong way and ruin the whole project. That’s why instruction videos are so important to me because it SHOWS me exactly how to do what the instructions, photos, and illustrations are telling me. The videos in the Power for Home system are excellent and prove once again to me that you do not have to be a professional to make your own energy and that with the right instructions, anyone can do it.
If you decide to wire your energy system into your house, whatever electricity you don’t use goes back into the grid. When you are generating more power than what you are using, your electrical meter will run backwards! If you’ve given back more energy than you’ve used your power company will pay you instead of you paying them. They don’t pay nearly as much as you do however and you may want to store that power in deep cycle batteries. Again, Power for Home shows you how to get your batteries for free. (Note that wiring your system into your utility box will require an inspection of your system and installation of power-grid side components by a certified electrician).
What’s Included “in the box”:
- 3 DIY how-to energy guides - How to create your own solar panel system, how to create your own wind turbine generator, and how to install it into your home. Also included is everything you need to know about grid-integration and selling your power back to the utility.
- Solar calculator - to help you determine how many solar panels you need to power your home
- 3 hands-on instructional videos – Solar Panels, Wind Turbine and Installation.
- Parts Supplier list – Where to get all the parts you need for the cheapest price.
- 83 tips on how to save money on energy consumption – The less electricity you use the less you have to create.
- Advanced saving technologies - supplemental technologies to integrate with wind or solar
- IRS tax rebate forms and information
- Unlimited membership and updates for life
For more information please see my Power 4 Home Preview page.
The Bad Stuff
There’s no such thing as PERFECT and this product does have it’s shortcomings.
- Much of the information can be found on the internet – I have scoured Google for information on how to build your own PV panels and windmills and there is ton’s of information out there, but if you want a complete guide that takes you step by step with videos, plans, and sources for materials, you’ll need to purchase a complete system online.
- Inability to get a refund – There are a few people on the internet who have reported that they were unable to get their refunds from the author. Unfortunately every one of those people could have gotten their refund if they only knew how. You don’t need to get permission from the author to get your money back; all you have to do is ask for it by opening up a trouble-ticket through Clickbank. Please remember to print out your receipt!
Here’s the link: http://www.clickbank.com/orderDetail.htm?clear=true
- Getting off the grid can be expensive – Depending on your electricity needs, you may need to build several dozen PV panels to replace your power company for primary use. That doesn’t mean that you can’t start saving now with just a couple of panels and then build your system up over time. If you live in an area that’s often windy you can also offset your costs by building a wind turbine or two.
- Power4Home seems expensive – Although it is competitively priced and should be worth the cost of what you are getting, the information in the manuals seem pretty generic and have caused some customers to feel like they aren’t getting their money’s worth. Especially compared to other products on the market.
- Poor Customer Service – Along with the complaints about quality, one of the main concerns with Power4Home among users is the lack of customer service. They are slow to respond and customers who would like refunds aren’t being told how to get it.
- Ripoff Report.com – Ripoffreport.com is a consumer reporting service that allows buyers to log complaints about products they’ve purchased and power4home is quickly earning a bad reputation for their inability to service their customers. (Please see my product comparison for more info.)
The Good Stuff
- The technology does work – Solar panels have been around for years and we know they work and so do wind turbines. There is no reason on God’s green earth why we all can’t have our own free renewable energy.
- You can start your system with very little money and only a few hours of work – Anytime you want to expand your system it’s as easy as adding another panel or wind turbine and a few more batteries.
- Many people like to build portable systems for camping or travel – Free electricity can be harnessed anywhere.
- Building your own system can be fun and educational – I feel empowered knowing that I personally possess the technology to create electricity anytime I want.
- Although Power4Home isn’t the best system, anyone that can watch a video and follow simple instructions can start benefiting from free renewable energy today.
- Worry-free assembly – You can be assured that every step you take building your own system was guided by a professional electrician who knows what he’s doing.
- Bonuses – including an exclusive parts supplier list, where to get batteries for cheap, how to consume less electricity, tons of tips and tricks and also exclusive bonus materials when you buy from this website.
- Full 60 day 100% Money Back Guarantee – If you do happen to have a problem with Power4Home and want a refund all you have to do is request one through Clickbank. I know this works because I’ve done it myself with other products that I was not happy with.
New Pro 2.0 Improvements
- Improved production quality – In the old videos I found a few trouble spots that were hard to hear. Also some of the shots were in the basement where the lighting wasn’t so great. I also noticed that in his wind turbine video, he used ceiling fan blades which I wouldn’t recommend. They are OK for proof of concept but when it comes to efficiency and handling the weather, you are better off making your own. The new Pro System has been professionally redone from the ground up with much better quality.
- Improved shipping time if you order the CD version – There are 2 ways to get the Power4Home system, either as a download, or on a disc you receive in the mail. If you purchase the disc there is a $7.99 shipping and handling charge. Shipping used to be slow taking a few weeks to a month to get your disc but now with the new system you should get your disc in about a week.
- Slightly Improved Tech Support – I have read through quite a few complaints on the internet about lack of support. It’s not that they don’t have it, they’re just slow to respond. If you have questions or issues it may take a few days to get an email. Although its better than it was, that isn’t saying much. If you need customer support just follow this link: http://www.power4home.com/support/
If you are looking for a system that can teach you about renewable energy and how to make it, Power 4 Home Pro 2.0 does fair job but because of the poor customer service, there are definitely better alternatives out there. (See which guides make the cut here.)
If you do decide to buy Power4Home Pro but just aren’t satisfied, you can get 100% of your money back. (If you are having trouble with the refund process, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll walk you through it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my site. I do remain optimistic in our green future and hope you will join the revolution by creating your own wind or solar powered systems. They really do work, and you really can build them on a tight budget. I know you can do it because with the right information, it’s easy!
Living Green is a Good Feeling! All the best,
How does Power4Home compare with other guides?
<Continue to Comparison Page>
Here’s the link back to www.power4home.com